A good rest is one of the basic pillars of good health, but…
Who has not had some night to?
Wander and turn in bed without being able to sleep?
If you are one of those who have problems when it comes to sleeping, I can give you some clue to sleep better.
- Make the last meal at least 2 hours before going to sleep and try to make it light. When the stomach has a lot of work to digest, it is much more difficult to fall asleep. If you are hungry just before going to bed, drink a glass of water and you will see the sensation of appetite disappear.
- Incorporate regular exercise throughout the day Having an active life helps you sleep better and regulate our sleep cycle, even when exercising occurs many hours before going to sleep. In fact, avoid exercise just before going to sleep, as it will have the opposite effect. Therefore, look for time in the day to exercise and your dream will thank you.
- Leave your work at work A good way is to prepare before leaving for a list of tasks with which to start the next day. Thus, the brain can disconnect. However, I understand that it may be difficult for you not to think about night work (especially if you have a meeting or presentation important) but the better you leave prepared, the better you can sleep. Or seen otherwise, the better you sleep, the better you will perform at work.
- Find your best time to sleep Establishing routines helps to consolidate good habits. Lying regularly at the same time not only predisposes the body and mind to rest but will allow you to have an optimal sleep. As a general rule, it calculates about 7 hours before the time you want to get up daily. Over time, you can adjust according to the dream you need (not all of us need the same hours). You should probably give up something (television, radio, etc.) but your health and rest will appreciate it. In the end, it is a matter of choice, and rest should be one of your priorities.
- Forget caffeine and alcohol in the previous hours surely you know the effects that caffeine and alcohol have on your brain and none is good to help you sleep. The stimulating capacity of caffeine makes you have to avoid it from many hours before. And about alcohol, although it may seem to have a certain sleepy effect, it will prevent you from having the deep sleep that your body needs to rest.
- Find a relaxing activity (preferably without a screen) At this point, surely you already know that the most common electronic devices in the bedroom (mobile, Tablet, laptop) emit a light that suppresses melatonin, the hormone that “encourages” your body to sleep. Reading a book, listening to some music, mentally reviewing the day can help you avoid using those devices that can ruin your sleep.
- Reduce the temperature of your body surely you have noticed that when it is cold outside, it is easier to sleep. This is due to the fact that the body temperature is reduced naturally at night to bedtime. For this reason, it avoids unnecessarily raising it (excess clothes, heating very high) and tries to keep it low. A bath in hot water one hour before going to sleep will allow that temperature change that will improve your rest. Believe it or not, Bad habits at bedtime have a very negative impact on your health and on many occasions is the trigger for other problems (apathy, emotional eating, etc.). These are some of the recommendations that have worked with my clients in health coaching processes. Do you want to share what works for you?
You May Also like this Blog.