When the thermometer exceeds 40 degrees centigrade, there is nothing left to remove all the anti-heat weapons we have: refreshing drinks, moisturizing foods … look for a pool, shadows, a fountain … More in the case Of children, who suffer more heat.
Here are some tips for surviving the heat with your children without a problem. You will come out unscathed. A little heated, but safe and sound.
Heat affects children more
Girl in pool and float
When I was little, I slept on the floor. I could not stand the heat that was coming off the mattress. He also looked for the coolest area of the house, and sometimes he sneaked open the refrigerator to feel the cool in the face. I swelled with ice cream, and as soon as I could, I escaped to the pool. Of course, if I had air conditioning, I would not have had to resort to so many tricks.
Infants and children endure much worse the heat, yes. They are much more sensitive to extreme temperatures. This is because your internal thermoregulatory system is still immature. Their body temperature rises up to five times faster than that of an adult. Therefore, it is necessary to help them in every possible way to cope with the high temperatures and, above all, to monitor their hydration .
10 Tips to Get Rid of the Summer Heat Together
During the hottest days, you should monitor the hydration of the children. To avoid sunstroke, we must always have cotton caps, if possible white or light colors (which repel the sun). Never leave your child alone in the car. It’s very dangerous. It can suffer a heat stroke. Remember that in just 10 minutes, the temperature of the car can exceed 10 degrees outside temperature. But also, here are some tips so your child can enjoy the summer and heat without problems:
- Do not abuse air conditioning, but if you have it, you can put it a little at noon and before going to bed.
- If you do not have air conditioning, nothing better than a good cold shower. You will be able to lower your child’s body temperature quickly.
- If you have a pool or a chance to go to one, do not hesitate, this is where your child is going to be. With caution, yes. Avoid sun exposure in the hottest hours (from 12 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and never forget to give you a protective cream about twenty minutes before entering the water. Being in the water does not protect from the sun’s rays. Do not forget.
- Look for the shadow. Of a tree, of an umbrella … You can take with you a parasol if you have to walk.
- If you have days off and possibility to make a break, choose a zone of mountains or coast during the hottest days. There the temperatures are milder.
- Forget the jeans during these days. Dress your children in light, cotton garments that perspire and make them sweat less. If they are light colored, the better.
- Ice creams cool and they love the kids!! Try to make them at home: just freeze fruit juice.
- Give your child water, even if he does not ask for it. You have to drink more, and if possible, water. Although some refreshing drinks contain more mineral salts they can help keep the child hydrated.
- A fun and refreshing game for children: play around sprinklers. If the night is hot, look for a sprinkler and you already have fun assured.
- At home you can turn to the fan. Its air, and it does not refresh the whole house, but at least it relieves a little. And if you leave home, do not forget the fan. There are smaller ones, so that children can use them too.
Although children also have their resources, to refresh themselves and others … water guns, war of water balloons and of course, the shower with hose. Be careful not to get in your way … and if not, look what happens when you leave a child a hose…