In this article we propose several recipes for Menopause. At this stage the metabolism slows down and fluid retention, an increase in body fat, osteoporosis or hypothyroidism may occur.
In Menopause you should take care of your diet and do something more exercise. These recipes for menopause will help you lead a healthy and balanced diet.
Tips for combating menopause
We recommend following these tips to make your diet more effective and you can combat the symptoms of menopause such as insomnia or weight gain:
- Eat 5 times a day.
- It adds favorable fat (extra virgin olive oil, avocado, olives or nuts), protein and carbohydrates at each meal.
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day.
- Include in your diet fruit, vegetables, legumes, whole grains (whole that provide more fiber) and dairy (better semi skimmed or skimmed).
- Try to eat fish and white meats for their protein intake. Consume red meat or meats in moderation.
- Practice regular exercise. Do not exercise in the three hours before going to bed, as it can affect the quality of sleep.
- Check yourself a fixed time to go to bed. Once you lie down, stay away from the screens so you can fall asleep.
- Maintain a temperature of about 20 ° C in the room.
- Avoid naps of more than 20 minutes.
- Do not consume stimulating drinks in the evening (coffee, tea, coke, etc.)
- Avoid eating if you wake up at night.
- With all these tips and the recipes for menopause that we propose, you are sure to keep your body healthy and your weight stable.
- Recipes for Menopause (4 people)
- Salad of watercress, watermelon and avocado
Recipes for menopause: Watercress salad, watermelon and avocado. Slimming with Online Nutritionist
- 300 g of arugula or watercress
- 1/4 of watermelon
- 1 avocado
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 file
- 1/2 green pepper
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
Cut the watermelon into cubes, the onion and the shallot into thin strips and the avocado into slices. Arrange the ingredients in a dish and add the vinaigrette with the finely chopped pepper.
Benefits of watercress, watermelon and avocado salad
This recipe contains foods that provide vitamin E (extra virgin olive oil and avocado), calcium (arugula and watercress), essential for bones, fiber (vegetables) for the proper functioning of intestinal transit. Avocado plus vitamin E provides vitamins A, B, C, D and K.
Recipes for menopause
It tries to consume foods rich in vitamin E, it is antioxidant, it helps to protect the cells against the damages caused by the free radicals and therefore reduces the premature aging. It stimulates the immune system which protects you against bacteria and viruses.
This consistent salad will make your recipes for menopause more palatable and varied
1 bag of canons
2 boiled eggs
1/2 Red pepper
15 black olives
Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the lettuce and canons, cook the eggs, let them cool, chop the pepper in small pieces and line the carrot. Cut the eggs into quarters and in a salad bowl put all the ingredients, remember to put the olives. Season with oil and vinegar and ready to eat.
- Benefits of Coherent Salad
For this recipe for menopause to be balanced, remember that the ingredients must be combined in these proportions:
- 1/3 dish of tuna / egg / salmon / sardinilla / grilled chicken / turkey / shrimp tacos … Can be mixed.
- 2/3 bowl of raw vegetables / canons / arugula / endive / watercress … If the salad is rice or pasta would be only 1/3 of the plate.
- Adds favorable fat : 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil = 3 nuts = 9 hazelnuts or almonds = 15 peanuts = 18 pistachios = ½ avocado = 9 olives.
- The salads provide vitamin E, fiber and in this case the betacarotenes (antioxidants) of carrot and red pepper. Remember that the more colors your salad has, your menopause recipes will bring more nutrients.
- 8 hake medallions
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 5-6 small black pepper balls
- 1 tsp. of sweet paprika (spicy if you like)
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1 trickle of vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Put the water in a pot, the bay leaf, the onion in quarters and the pepper balls. Add the potatoes, when they are almost done add the hake. In a frying pan with olive oil and garlic in foil, heat over very low heat. When the garlic is golden remove it from the fire and add a teaspoon of sweet or spicy paprika, a trickle of vinegar and half a bucket of boiling water. Remove and lower the heat to a minimum to keep it warm. When the hake is cooked, drain it and serve it bathed with the sauce.
Benefits of Hake a la Gallega
The hake gives you omega-3 fatty acids, potent natural anti-inflammatories, the onion is very depurativa and the hot pepper brings a thermogenic effect that will help you lose weight.
Chickpea soup with vegetables
This recipe for the menopause of chickpeas with vegetables brings an extra fiber to your diet.
- 300 g dry or canned chickpeas
- 300 g fresh spinach
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 leaf laurel
- Extra virgin olive oil
If the chickpeas are dry put them to soak for at least 12 hours, drain them and put them in a pot with water, bay leaves, cumin and salt. Bake 20 minutes or until tender. Chop and saute the onion, garlic and carrot in a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add the spinach, sauté and add the paprika. Incorporate the chickpea pot. Remove or add water to your liking.
Benefits of chickpeas with vegetables
Chickpeas provide vitamin A, B6, C, E and K, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron and sodium, making them a very complete food for the menopause stage. Spinach provides vitamins and minerals like manganese, zinc, magnesium, iron and calcium. Both chickpeas and spinach contain fiber so they reduce bad cholesterol in the blood and regulate intestinal transit.